Thursday, October 30, 2014

Forever

"Oceans will rise, kingdoms will fall, but the word of the Lord  will stand forever. The sun will start to fade, the world will pass away, but the word of the Lord stands forever."

I'm currently supposed to be studying psychology. 
I am also currently appearing to be deep in my studies outside of Starbucks but HA, you've been fooled.
Instead, I am jamming Kari Jobe and spending time in awe of who God is.
Much better, right?

But really, forever?
That's insane to think about. 
But to know that God's love for us isn't conditional or wavering is so sweet.
No matter where we go in life or the choices we make or is we pass or don't pass psychology (crossing my fingers for the first option)
he will NEVER stop calling us his Sons/ Daughters.
He is just as proud of us as he was when we came into the world completely sinless. He still chooses us and claims us as His own.
How reassuring.

Lately, I have been loving Psalm 23.
The Lord is my shepherd, I lack nothing.
    He makes me lie down in green pastures,
he leads me beside quiet waters,
    he refreshes my soul.
He guides me along the right paths
    for his name’s sake.
Even though I walk
    through the darkest valley,[a]
I will fear no evil,
    for you are with me;
your rod and your staff,
    they comfort me.

You prepare a table before me
    in the presence of my enemies.
You anoint my head with oil;
    my cup overflows.
Surely your goodness and love will follow me
    all the days of my life,
and I will dwell in the house of the Lord
    forever.

(yes, that came directly from Google)

I read this and see those cheesy "relationship goals" images from Twitter where they are being drug by a girl/guy but replace them with God.

I see him leading me to each place, beside still waters, the valley of the shadow of death, green pastures.
And each place is so comforting.
The valley of the shadow of death is my favorite.
I imagine the place the sunlight doesn't touch in The Lion King full of hyenas.
I am so scared because its just a very scary place (I don't know where I was going with that) but then I see God pulling me along with his rod and his staff and just like it says in verse four, they comfort me. 
This image for me is so powerful.
I think too often we read scripture but don't apply them to our lives.
But these scriptures are still true to us today and will be forever.



No comments:

Post a Comment